Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Evening by the woods & the petition

Last evening I was mowing my backyard, right across the lane from the Victoria Glen Park woods. In the half hour I spent out there, I saw at least 15 people stop at the table with the petition up by the path through the woods as they went on their evening walks.

There was a variety of people:
a family of five -- mother, dad, two sisters and a brother
a group of mennonite women
a young man with his ipod, walking his dog
a young couple walking with an older couple
two middle-aged people on their bikes

All of them not only stopped, but read all the material on the table before signing the petition.

A variety of people, out for exercise in the fresh outdoors. By Victoria Glen Park. On purpose, I'm sure. Something to be encouraged, not frustrated. (And, obviously, no one mindlessly signed that petition!)

No comments:

Post a Comment