Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ready to go for the Public Meeting

The woman I spoke to at the Township Office this afternoon said that 14 delegations have registered to speak at this evening's meeting. (My husband and I are #13 - don't know if I should worry about that). Considering many of those "delegations" are made up of more than one person - well, it seems like there may be a fair number of people in attendance.

Good.

Kitchener Council credited the determination of the public for reversing its decision to sell off four separate chunks of parkland. From what I've heard and observed these past two weeks, Elmira determination is nothing to be trifled with.

We showed last winter during the Hockeyville campaign that we are a community that pulls together. The strength of feeling people have for this piece of woods in Victoria Glen is every bit as strong as the collective love of hockey!

See you tonight.

2 comments:

  1. It was heartening to see such a large turnout at the Woolwich Council meeting tonight. Sadly, the reactions of Woolwich Council was not nearly as enlightened as that of Kitchener Council (as reported in The Record).

    Mayor Strauss's comments at the end of the meeting were particularly troublesome. He essentially said that the Victoria Glen needs to be sold to pay for the Arena.

    --Bob

    (I have a widget on my blog to track news stories about Victoria Glen; let me know if you want the code to add to this blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and there's video on CTV news of tonight's meeting!

    --Bob.

    ReplyDelete